iWeb has been providing reliable and scalable Internet hosting infrastructure solutions with its dedicated servers , managed hosting and colocation services for over a decade. It also provides shared web hosting under the Funio brand.
Founded by Martin Leclair and Eric Chouinard in October 1996 and headquartered in Montreal since 1998, the company enjoyed a steady growth since its inception. In 2011, iWeb was privatized by a group of investors led by Novacap Technologies III, Caisse de dÃÆÃÂ©pÃÆÃÂ´t et placement du QuÃÆÃÂ©bec and an investment vehicle affiliated with Bank Street Capital Partners. It currently employs more than 200 talented hosting specialists and operates four data centers in the greater Montreal area.
At the beginning, iWeb originally operated under the "Formation et Technologies Formatek" name. It started as a general Internet related services company to later focus on Web Hosting. It is in 1998 and 1999, as a result of mergers and partnerships with SMEs specializing in Internet solutions (Formatek, Infonet Services, WebDÃÆÃÂ©part and JBCrÃÆÃÂ©ation), that iWeb reoriented itself towards Internet hosting and server management to make it its specialty.
Operating in the heart of the Old Montreal from 2000 to 2004, close to the Multimedia City, iWeb survived the dot com bubble burst and was growing beyond all expectations. At the end of 2003, in addition to signing an agreement to enter the stock market, iWeb acquired a 10,000 square foot building and moved its headquarters into its spacious new office. Only two years later, after the acquisition of the Hosting Division of iNet-Interactif/Funio, in February of 2006, iWeb acquired a new 20,000 square foot building and built its second data center in St-Leonard on the Island of Montreal. In October 2007, iWeb announced the opening of a third data center of 29,000 square feet, in Nuns' Island near Montreal and finally in 2010, iWeb opened its fourth datacenter in Lasalle.
Today iWeb is one of the largest web hosts and Internet hosting infrastructures provider in Canada. iWeb's operations centres shelter a total of more than 90,000 square feet of latest generation data center and office floor space in Montreal and offers a wide variety of first class web hosting and server management services. iWeb is recognized for the quality of its customer service and its highly competitive prices. In January 2010, iWeb announced the addition of the new 31,000 square feet data center, in the LaSalle borough (western part of Montreal), with the capacity to host 20,000 dedicated servers. This new facility brings the total dedicated server capacity of iWeb to nearly 35,000 servers.
- For the trust customers have placed in us for so many years (More than 21,000 customers in over 150 countries)
- Because at iWeb, there is someone ready to answer your questions (By phone, chat and email 24 hours a day)
- We operate our own data centers (and control every aspect of your hosting solution)
- Our network is rock solid (ranked by Netcraft as top performer multiple times)
- We love making your life easier (with unique tools like our Customer Hub or Panelbox )
- We guarantee your satisfaction (and will give you your money back, no questions asked, within 30 days)
- We offer an unbeatable 100% power & network uptime SLA (and always post technical notifications on our status blog )
- We are committed to serving you better (and listening to your feedback)